North zone of the city have a host of civic infrastructure projects, large commercial developments and new residential options that have changed the characteristics of the localities over the last few years
Prized projects such as the international airport, Metro Rail, Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor (BMIC) project, elevated expressway over Hosur Road and the Peripheral Ring Road (PRR), as well as the social infrastructure facilities are together set to drive Bangalore further ahead.
* The international airport at Devanahalli suddenly galvanised the sleepy villages around it into action leading to the emergence of residential, retail, and commercial spaces in Hebbal, Bellary Road, Yelahanka , Doddaballapur road (where Edifice Builders‘ flagship project Almond Tree exists along with our milestone Villa Valley project gearing up for the launch shortly) and areas around NH-7. The six-lane wide Bellary Road with its signal-free access leading to the airport
drew the areas in its vicinity under the realty spotlight.
* This region will soon have two business parks, an aerospace SEZ, and hardware and warehousing parks.
*Refrigeration units and business ancillaries for exports will also come up here. This micro market is expected to attract new residents, mostly those working in IT and business parks close by.
* Some retail projects coming up here are still in a nascent stage and are slated to be completed by 2010-11.
* Also, the emergence of potential residential localities like IVC Road, areas around Doddajala and Doddajala Lake, Bellary Road, around NH7, Yelahanka, Rajanakunte and Doddaballapur have further given a thrust to retail development around this area.
* The residential development around these areas will drive retail penetration that caters to the specific nature of the catchments. This, in turn, will allow resident suburban population access to merchandise, brands, and entertainment in close proximity.
*Proposed projects in the region include the Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board’s (KIADB) commercial and industrial areas, hardware and textile parks, as well as SEZ projects
*The Shivarama Karanth Layout being developed by the Bangalore Development Authority (BDA) between Doddaballapur and Hessarghatta Road, covering an area of approximately 3,546 acres will house around 71,000 people. This layout will be self-sustained with provisions for public amenities, educational institutions, transport terminals, and medical facilities. The stretch from Hebbal to Yelahanka is witnessing fastemerging residential complexes, apartments, and layouts due to easy connectivity to the airport through the Hebbal flyover. Also, two upcoming business parks and other commercial developments are making these areas a good residential option.
*The widening of the Bellary Road and future connectivity through the planned PRR has also made this area good for residential options. PRR is aimed to connect Tumkur Road, Hosur Road, Mysore Road, Magadi Road, Bellary Road, Old Madras Road, and improve accessibility to Devanahalli. This is also spurring interest in residential options around these areas.
Courtesy: Times of India